1. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening
a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll
leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China. Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee
filter between each dish.
4. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee
filters make excellent covers.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to
absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter to apply and
use another as a polishing "glove".
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined
with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee
filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot
with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as
needed in a coffee filter. Insert the popsicle, and let the filter catch