FODU || DiW || Chronicle || JinC || LieStoppers || TJN || TalkLeft || FreeRep. || N&O || WRAL || Herald Sun|| GoDuke || DBR || DSE-Duke || DukeEgr93|| DukeLawSuitDuke Community Forum -> General Topics ( September 2006 - April 2007)

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Duke Community Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (213) « First ... 211 212 [213]  ( Go to first unread post )

General Topics ( September 2006 - April 2007), Used for general discussions
usa
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 01:11 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

QUOTE (fodu_admin_1 @ Apr 26 2007, 11:48 AM)
Duke Lacrosse Player Gets Highest Honor From N.J. Alma Mater
April 26, wnbc.com
http://www.wnbc.com/news/13197590/detail.html

Don't you just love reading things like this?
GPackwood
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 02:05 PM

Friend of Duke

Member No.: 184

QUOTE (LIZ @ Apr 26 2007, 11:16 AM)
I swore off this site and addiction and told myself that I was not going to post anymore but only occasionally browse its contents. But, this morning I saw the letter to the editor from Larry BUMgardner.

I believe this fellow has posted his anti-Duke slander often before. Somehow, I associate his name with Trinity Park but perhaps that is a false memory.

Anyhow, what made me see red this morning were the last two lines which are posted above ; the letter is posted on this thread.

"Already, A Duke student receiving 17 pounds of Mary Jane via a DHL package has had charges dropped. Looks like things are getting back to normal."

So, this man with no knowledge of facts is out to smear this kid, Duke kids in general, the court system, etc. Does this remind you of another case?

Well, I have heard some things from a reliable source. I will pass on what I have heard. This boy's credit card was stolen months before out West. He reported it to police immediately. Someone using his credit card ordered pot and the criminal did not get the address straight where he wanted it sent and so it was sent to the address on the stolen credit card. Thus, the delivery at Duke.

The boy went to court out West and all charges were dismissed. So, he was readmitted to Duke. I have heard this boy is a fine kid.

Does Mr. BUM-- whatever not realize that police make mistakes and that is why there are courts of law and lawyers? Who is this idiot-- Larry Bumgardner-- and why does he hate Duke kids so much?

How many more of his ilk are in Durham and is this their pastime--- slandering the student body of Duke? I know there is a book out by a UNC fan and the title is To Hate Like This IS To Be Happy For The Rest of Your Life, but I thougth the author was being facetious. I did not really think there were so many rabid Duke haters. Wow! I was wrong.

If Duke University 's administration does not come out swinging soon and standing up for its own, who the blank will?

Ok -- now I go back into hibernation! LOL!

Well, My mom and dad taught me a little lesson about such people.

You need to forgive such people and leave it up to God to handle the situation...knowing all along that in life you meet lots of people that you aren't going to see again when you get to heaven.
GP
duke75alum
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 03:36 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 109

QUOTE (usa @ Apr 26 2007, 01:11 PM)
April 26, wnbc.com

I'm sure a true FoDL loves reading that, but as a mere fodu those questions from Quasimodo ruined my day: Why not Duke?
Epikostes
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 04:06 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 113

QUOTE (duke75alum @ Apr 26 2007, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (usa @ Apr 26 2007, 01:11 PM)
April 26, wnbc.com

I'm sure a true FoDL loves reading that, but as a mere fodu those questions from Quasimodo ruined my day: Why not Duke?

It looks like Duke can learn a great deal from Delbarton! That tells us a great deal about Duke. I personally doubt Duke will learn anything from this saga. Their ears are not open. Despite claims to the contrary, they are not LISTENING!
LMB
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 08:44 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 126

http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/triangle...23/daily19.html

Poll: 73% say Duke players innocent

Now if brodhead and steel would just read a little. It seems to me that typical of someone with the philosophical leanings of this yale english teacher, constructive condemnation of his decision making in this lacrosse case is taken very badly and puts this "leader" of Duke University too much on the defensive where depression sets in and decent decision making is compromised. Bad results follow bad decisions. Just my 2 cents today.
GPackwood
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 08:48 PM

Friend of Duke

Member No.: 184

QUOTE (LMB @ Apr 26 2007, 08:44 PM)
http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/triangle...23/daily19.html

Poll: 73% say Duke players innocent

Now if brodhead and steel would just read a little. It seems to me that typical of someone with the philosophical leanings of this yale english teacher, constructive condemnation of his decision making in this lacrosse case is taken very badly and puts this "leader" of Duke University too much on the defensive where depression sets in and decent decision making is compromised. Bad results follow bad decisions. Just my 2 cents today.

I hear you! You are correct.
Just like Shakespeare would have written the script if he were around.
« Next Oldest | General topics | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (213) « First ... 211 212 [213] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0282 seconds · Archive
Copyright Duke Community Forum
Site Meter