FODU || DiW || Chronicle || JinC || LieStoppers || TJN || TalkLeft || FreeRep. || N&O || WRAL || Herald Sun|| GoDuke || DBR || DSE-Duke || DukeEgr93|| DukeLawSuitDuke Community Forum -> General Topics ( September 2006 - April 2007)

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Duke Community Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (213) « First ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

General Topics ( September 2006 - April 2007), Used for general discussions
K.P.
  Posted: Apr 16 2007, 06:08 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Reade Seligmann is being interviewed on the Today Show this morning and they showed him really fast and he had a very large smile on his face. biggrin.gif

Update the interview with Reade will be on within the next half hour or so.

--------------------
Reade Seligmann--My reputation is mine to destroy and no one else.
K.P.
  Posted: Apr 16 2007, 06:35 AM

Advanced Member

interview with Reade after they return from station break.

--------------------
Epikostes
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 07:00 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 113

I just watched Reade Seligmann's interview on the Today show. He said he applied to several schools and is waiting for the outcome but did not indicate which schools he applied. He also said he wants to become criminal justice lawyer.
fodu_admin_1
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 07:53 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Latest On Lacrosse - DBR April 16, 2007
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=22383
white_fang
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 08:06 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23

So, we finally know what Dave and Collin will be doing. Dave Evans accepted a job on Wall Street -- that was his original plan anyway. I am sure he will do very well. Collin Finnerty will attend London School of Economics -- at least for the summer. That's and excellent choice too. It will be good for Collin to be away for a while. Hopefully, we will soon find out what Reade will do as well. I hope he will be accepted by a top university and become whatever he wants to be.

I am sure all three young men will do very well. I wish them all the best.

--------------------
A well-connected and well-financed (but not, I would suggest, well-intentioned) lax supporter!
K.P.
  Posted: Apr 16 2007, 08:26 AM

Advanced Member

If anyone that didn't tape the 60 minutes show last night you can now go to the WRAL and watch the entire show now.

http://www.wral.com

--------------------
LMB
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 08:36 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 126

If Reade is interestd in becoming a lawyer he will choose the best school for him and his career. Iknow he has talked to folks at Yale, and he has also talked up at Harvard, as well as other Ivies. In my opinion he will choose where he wants to go to school rather than a school choosing him to come to them. Remember he was accepted to the best schools in the country previously and chose Duke. And actually lacrosse at some of the Ivy League schools is one of the major sports.
duke09parent
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 10:00 AM

Member No.: 54

It is time I tried weaning myself off these boards. Thank you all for your fellowship. Even when we squabbled or disagreed about things, I knew we all had the same goal in mind, freedom for those three young men and a better Duke University. Feel free to send me emails through the address of this forum as long as it lasts. Also, feel free to introduce yourself if you see me at some Duke function. I will try to put my label under my real name on the nametag.

Best wishes to you all.

duke09parent
white_fang
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 10:30 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (duke09parent @ Apr 16 2007, 10:00 AM)
It is time I tried weaning myself off these boards. Thank you all for your fellowship. Even when we squabbled or disagreed about things, I knew we all had the same goal in mind, freedom for those three young men and a better Duke University. Feel free to send me emails through the address of this forum as long as it lasts. Also, feel free to introduce yourself if you see me at some Duke function. I will try to put my label under my real name on the nametag.

Best wishes to you all.

duke09parent

DukeParent09,

I am touched by your kind words. We fought a good fight together and this will an experience we will surely remember for a long time. Thank you for your thoughts and all your posts. Many more of us I am sure will have to say goodbye in the coming days. Take care and God bless.

It’s wonderful to be able to say so long having achieved our objective. Please accept all my best wishes.

--------------------
A well-connected and well-financed (but not, I would suggest, well-intentioned) lax supporter!
Epikostes
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 10:34 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 113

DukeParent09,

I second White Fang's message. Thank you for all you have done and good luck. In the future, I hope to run into many lacrosse case supporters, including you. We can look back on these days and be proud of the fact that we were always on the right side of this case.

So long!
LIZ
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 10:37 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

Woody Vann got Crystal Gail Mangum off from serving much time at all when a policeman said that Crystal tried to run him over with the taxi she stole on her intoxicated joy ride.

Now that we know that Nifong had a conncetion with the Mangum family about 15 years ago when he successfully prosecuted the person who killed her uncle, I think it would be interesting for legal minds to go back and review that case. Didn't Crystal first make her claims about some men raping her about 15 years ago , also? In Creedmore?

Who was her uncle and how was he killed? Who defended the killer? Did Crystal ever testify in the case?

And who was the judge who believed that Crystal didn't mean to kill the cop when the cop said that she did! Who was the DA? You know, I bet we find more nexus. And who was the cop?

Perhaps, if Woody had not gotten her off with the slap on the wrist back then, it would not have emboldened this pathological liar to continue her out of control life. Crystal was created by people not prosecuting her. She must feel invincible! And, I believe she has good cause to feel that she is.
floria
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 11:21 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13

DukeParent09,

Thank you for your kind message. It was good sharing these past few months with people like you. We have gone though good and bad times; mostly bad until the end. I will cherish this experience. We can be proud of what we accomplished together: we were able to keep each other sane during some very tough times. Good luck and God bless.

--------------------
Nell’ora del dolore perchè, perchè, Signore, perchè me ne rimuneri così?
LIZ
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 11:41 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

Good luck to all of you FODU compatriots! Mission accomplished: The boys have been proclaimed innocent!

I now hope that Duke, like the boys, can reclaim its good name. That mission is still ongoing.

Yet, there are some loose ends that still need closure. So, as long as this site is up, I feel it is good for those interested in the case to continue posting. For many, their interest will wane, justly so, as the main goal has been achieved.

However, for me, I feel that the case is not really closed until the guilty parties who have inflicted this crime against the boys, Duke, and North Carolina are brought to justice.

I do not want to be Don Quixote, tilting at windmills, but I do hope that the case is not swept under the rug with a case closed sign and then the mischief makers are allowed carte blanche to terrorize another day! Nifong was not the only villain who needs justice meted out. Duke still has entrenched folks who gleefully tried to bring it down. Not that you can expend yourself on correcting all the ills! However, this case still has some fire left in it that needs to be put out!
BlueDevil55
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 11:53 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 102

20 or 22 dead at Virginia Tech! Another tragedy unfolding. Turn on CNN!
floria
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 12:27 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13

Very sad situation at Virginia Tech, heart breaking! Just when we think nothing worse than Duke can happen we get proven wrong! 22 young lives lost. This is indeed a huge tragedy.

CNN reporting, professors may be among the dead.

--------------------
Nell’ora del dolore perchè, perchè, Signore, perchè me ne rimuneri così?
fodu_admin_1
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 01:31 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Best wishes to you all.

duke09parent

Dear DukeParent09,

Thank you for all your contributions on this board. All your posts and comments were much appreciated. I know this has been a long and painful road we all traveled together. However, the result was nothing less than what we hoped and prayed for. Every effort was well worth it.

You have been a good friend to the board, and a good supporter for Reade, Collin and Dave. Thank you. My warmest regards and best wishes for the future...

Emily Brontë
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 03:09 PM

Member No.: 141

Best wishes to you all.

duke09parent

DukeParent09,

Thank you for your participation on this board. I certainly enjoyed your company and posts. We all did something good together and we can be proud of it. At the same time, a lot of us will have to move on with the other aspects of our lives. I will be bidding my farewell pretty soon too.

Thank you for everything. Good luck and best wishes. Go Duke!
Texas Mom
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 04:15 PM

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (duke09parent @ Apr 16 2007, 09:00 AM)

Best wishes to you all.

duke09parent

Take care, duke09parent, we're all better for having fought this fight.
Tex
K.P.
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 06:58 PM

Advanced Member

Media rehab and the Duke lacrosse case
Just because the players were exonerated doesn't mean media did well

By Jon Ham
April 16, 2007

RALEIGH — Much of the media are desperately trying to rehabilitate themselves in the wake of the Duke lacrosse exonerations. This is not unlike the firefighter arsonist who sets a blaze and then arrives on the scene later — after tremendous damage has been done — to fight the fire and gain praise for his bravery.

That’s certainly the case for the newspaper here in Raleigh, The News & Observer. No paper did more at the outset to provide sparks for the bone-dry tinder of race relations in Durham. In news stories, columns and editorials, The N&O ran with the most salacious accounts, whether backed by facts or not.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/mediamangle...ry.html?id=4011

--------------------
Michael
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 08:36 PM

Member No.: 111

QUOTE (LIZ @ Apr 16 2007, 10:37 AM)
Woody Vann got Crystal Gail Mangum off from serving much time at all when a policeman said that Crystal tried to run him over with the taxi she stole on her intoxicated joy ride.

Now that we know that Nifong had a conncetion with the Mangum family about 15 years ago when he successfully prosecuted the person who killed her uncle, I think it would be interesting for legal minds to go back and review that case. Didn't Crystal first make her claims about some men raping her about 15 years ago , also? In Creedmore?

Who was her uncle and how was he killed? Who defended the killer? Did Crystal ever testify in the case?

And who was the judge who believed that Crystal didn't mean to kill the cop when the cop said that she did! Who was the DA? You know, I bet we find more nexus. And who was the cop?

Perhaps, if Woody had not gotten her off with the slap on the wrist back then, it would not have emboldened this pathological liar to continue her out of control life. Crystal was created by people not prosecuting her. She must feel invincible! And, I believe she has good cause to feel that she is.

Woody Vann is more than a "small town lawyer" his family is a very prominent political family in durham County..I believe his Father, who was an attorney , may also have been a Judge..I think he also has a brother who is an attorney...

If your looking for a connection, that may be a place to look....

BlogHooligan2.gif
« Next Oldest | General topics | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (213) « First ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0299 seconds · Archive
Copyright Duke Community Forum
Site Meter