Edge of Twilight Forum Rules
Welcome to the Edge of Twilight forums!
Weíve set up a couple of rules to try and keep things relatively friendly and light spirited here, so please keep them in mind when posting.
1. No Flaming. Keep it friendly and polite. Just because someoneís post doesnít pertain to your beliefs, doesnít mean that you can tear them up about it. Try to keep an open mind, and if you really need to confront someone on a post theyíve made, either PM them directly or send one to me and Iíll sort things out.
2. I donít want to completely ban swearing, but at the same time I donít want to see a post with a swear word in every sentence. Iím sure you can think of a better word or phrase to express your feelings so please take the time to.
3. There is a place for spamming, so keep your spam in that place. It wouldnít be there if I wanted spam all over this forum.
4. Try to keep things appropriate for all locations. If youíre going to post something that isnít work or school appropriate then please put it in spoiler tags, and leave a note above or before the spoiler tag that says NSFW so that people know not to click depending on their location.
5. Please donít make avatars or signatures too large. It slows down load times and/or forces people to have to scroll farther to get to what they are looking for. Try to keep your signatures not much larger than 574 x 336 pixels
6. Try to stay relatively on topic. I understand wandering off, but try to bring it back to what the topic is about before too long. If you want branch off and talk about something else then start a new thread for it.
7. Please donít make threads to advertise your personal site. It may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but EoT has enough advertisements already, we donít need more. If you want to link us back to your site then keep it to your sig.
8. This relates back to no flaming, but if youíve got to settle a beef with someone then either ask them to join you in the SRS BIZNS thread, or take it to PMs. Peopleís drama has killed this forum once already, and Iíd rather it doesnít again. If you canít handle it through PMs, then send me a PM with ALL the information FROM BOTH sides of the issue so that I can try to either mediate, or make a fair judgment.
9. No All Caps. I understand using it to accentuate a few words, but if all of your posts are typed in all caps then they wonít stay up for long. All caps are generally accepted as yelling, so unless it is really loud in the forums (which it never is) then you donít need to yell.
10. Respect proper grammar. Itís easier to read what youíre trying to say if you type it in a way that is understandable and mostly correctly spelled. I can understand a few grammar mistakes, but if you canít formulate a coherent sentence, then youíre probably not old enough to be on this forum
11. With that being said, please donít over use punctuation. Three or four exclamation marks to help represent you feelings towards something is fine, but when you start filling entire rows of text with nothing but punctuation it gets annoying and wasteful. Punctuation is generally meant to signify the beginning or end of some grammatical point, and as such you can only begin or end something so much before you have to move on to the next part.
12. If youíre going to post a really large picture, or a lot of pictures, then please either wrap them in spoiler tags, or link us to another page that has the pictures. When I say link I mean one of those stock blank pages that show up if you simply go the url of the picture. Donít take that as a way to advertise your website.