Credits to Clive for his initial development of these guidelines along with the members, and current and future staff for maintaining and modfiying as needed.
.:NPC Rules:. 1
- Before you are eligible to obtain your first free NPC, you must first accumulate a total of 25 total posts (with a minimum of 5 in character posts, so please do not spam the OOC discussion boards as you'll still need 5 IC posts). Once you have made the necessary posts, you may apply for your first NPC (which again, is free). Additional NPCs will cost potch however, and are regulated to be one per existing account. Meaning, you'll only gain the ability to create and apply for a 2nd NPC when you take on a dual-account.
You may purchase a maximum of three (3) NPCs, but to do so, requires that you have three existing accounts on the site. Reason being, to help moderate the ratio of NPCs to actual member characters. The NPCs can be used for any of your accounts however, so long as you remain active with them. If you go inactive for a long period of time with that character or any others, you'll likely lose the privilege to make more if you rejoin the story at a later point in time. Also, before you are eligible to apply for a new NPC, you must have at least 10 IC posts on the board with said dual-account. 2
- To create your NPC, you will have to fill out the Registration Template
* and post it within this forum. A staff member will come by to review it and will either accept or decline it. If accepted, please post it within this forum for reference - NPC Profiles3
- NPCs will not be allowed to be created or to be killed at the Role Players choice. If you're going to put the effort into making an NPC, make ample use of them. If you wish for your NPC and your character to part ways, that is fine, but they will still count on your list. So when you go to make a new NPC you will have to purchase them according to the shop guidelines.4
- NPCs that are a Suikoden character (ie. Tengaar for Hix.) may be allowed if the admin deems it logical and the RPers skill to be adequate to handle them. However, these will only be allowed in the circumstances that one of them isn't popular and that there is not a request made for one of them. Tengaar and Hix, Wilhelm and Mueller, Belcoot and Marina, etc. This decision will be left up to the discretion of the staff.5
- These NPCs belong to their Creators. So only they may control and say what their NPC will do. If someone else wishes to use the NPC in their posts, they must ask the creator. You may not trade an NPC off with another member unless for some reason it is an event approved by the staff. 6
- NPCs will NOT have a Star of Destiny unless they are in fact already one, shown in one of the games.7
- The NPC profile Rp sample should involve your character interacting or even meeting their NPC.
.:NPC Battle and Equipment Guidelines:. 1
- An NPCs magic tier can only be set to Heavy Fighter or Combat Caster. No higher.
Heavy Fighters: 6 / 4 / 2 / 0
These characters tend to be weak on the magical side, but what lacks in this area is repayed for in physical strength and defense.
Combat Caster: 7 / 4 / 3 / 1
Characters in this class can be considered to be on the balanced side of things, but still lack that extra magical zing to the way they fight or that heavy hitting blow.
The only exception to this rule is SoD NPCs that fit a higher magic based class. I.E. Klaus or Tengaar.2
- NPCs can only hold only ONE Higher Tier rune. (i.e. Rage)3
- NPCs can only hold two runes at most. This include Magic, Unique(i.e. Mayfly), or effect. They will not have a head slot open, ever.4
- The Creators' will have to pay out of their own pocket for their NPCs Runes. They may start with one Magic or Custom Magic Rune. You may not start them out with their own Custom Command Rune. If the creator wants to open the other rune slot, they much purchase it for their NPC, and if you want to upgrade one of the NPC's runes, you must also pay for that as you would any other character. 5
- NPCs may have one unite with their creator. Anything else will have to be discussed with an admin. And it will have to follow the Unite Rules